Sold Fidelity China Fund (FHKCX)
- China could be headed for period of stagnation, like Japan, due to massive overspending on housing, infrastructure and manufacturing subsidies for decades.
- I have little direct contact with China.
- Taking loss for tax purposes.
Bought Solar City (SCTY)
- Lots of bad news like Nevada resetting net meter rates creating buying opportunity, stock down from $65 to $19 in a few months.
- I signed up with Solar City and sales experience was excellent.
- Tesla's commitment to collaboration like Power Ball offer good growth opportunities.
- Musk backstopping drops.
Bought Google (GOOG)
- Same reasons as recent purchases.
Bought FLN:AU at market open
- Q415 revenue up 61%, above yearly increase of 48%, indicating accelerating growth.
- Stock down from $1.80 1feb16 to $1.34 setting up buying opportunity.
- Matt Barrie together with other company officers own around 80% of the shares on issue.
- Continued success of Coursera, Udacity, Khan Academy and edX helps Freelancer.
Price: $1.35 AUD